Civic Edge Consulting is an employee-owned, women-led business based in San Francisco. We cultivate thoughtful engagement, craft creative messaging, provide savvy strategy, grab media attention, and deliver top-notch events––all to strengthen and improve the communities in which we live and work.
We’re growing our amazingly smart, tightknit team and looking to add someone as passionate as we are about serving our civic sector clients.
Are You Our Next Project Manager?
This opening is for a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing day-to-day outreach for the public agencies, municipalities, nonprofit and civic organizations we work with throughout the nine-county Bay Area.
Project Managers are the backbone of our client teams and use their organizational skills and attention to detail to keep our most complex projects on track. In this position, you’ll be responsible for tasking Interns and Partners alike, communicating directly with clients, and problem-solving last-minute curveballs with your teammates.
No two days are the same for our Project Managers, but responsibilities most often include: developing in- person outreach strategies, recruiting, training, and helping manage 10+ part-time, multilingual Outreach Ambassadors, working within client teams to coordinate all logistics associated with community engagement activities, contributing to social media strategy development and execution, leading online content creation, contributing to business development efforts, and more.
- You’re excited to work fun events on evenings and weekends: you will likely work a non-regular work week (e.g. Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday).
- You possess a strong work ethic, are a self-starter, and everyone you’ve worked with has wonderful things to say about you.
- Being organized and detailed-oriented is one of your strongest qualities.
- You love people and get along well with a wide variety of personalities.
- You enjoy being involved in several projects at once, love solving problems, and are talented at managing expectations and your own time.
- You love collaborating across teams and it feels easy to consistently update your teammates about your progress across online communications platforms.
Other Desired Skills + Experience
- Project management and excellent organizational skills;
- Management of part-time staff or volunteers;
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills;
- Strong command of popular social media platforms;
- Demonstrated interest in local public policy issues, including transportation, housing, and resiliency; and
- A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communications, English, urban studies, political science, journalism, public relations, public administration, marketing, or a related field; OR three-to-five years of experience in an outreach or communications role;
This is a full-time, salaried position with a compensation ranging from $45,000 – $55,000, based on experience. We provide a flexible work environment, comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation time, a monthly commuter benefit, a monthly cell phone/data stipend, a 401k match, paid parental leave, and office snacks galore.
Civic Edge loves to promote from within. We will do our best to help you achieve your career goals through professional development opportunities and thoughtful review sessions.
Applying for the Job
Please submit an excellent one-page cover letter and your resume – both in pdf format – to email@example.com at your earliest opportunity. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Civic Edge’s Commitment
Civic Edge commits to advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, people with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. We provide a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable law in employment or service policies and practices.