Civic Edge Consulting seeks a hardworking, smart, and communications-savvy in-office intern to join our team of professionals for Fall 2018 – and possibly beyond.
This opening is for a part-time, paid, college-level internship with Civic Edge Consulting from September through December 2018. (Dates are flexible relative to your academic schedule.) Our clients include public sector transportation agencies and non-profit community-based organizations. As our fall intern, you should be available at least 10 and up to 20 hours per week to support the varied communications and community engagement needs of our clients.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and have the desire to take a project from conception to completion. This person will have an eye for detail, the ability to think strategically, and the desire to learn new skills as you serve our civic sector clients. This person must be able to think quickly and creatively on their feet and be willing to take on a variety of tasks.
Potential projects our new team member may be responsible for include:
- Researching community events, organizations, and businesses;
- Assisting with community meetings including helping to scout for venues, purchasing materials, and supporting with day-of details;
- Drafting social media posts for Civic Edge and our clients, and;
- In-office tasks such as organizing, making copies, and running errands.
Desired Skills + Experience
- Strong interest in marketing, communications, or community engagement;
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills;
- Strong command of popular social media platforms;
- Expert internet research skills;
- Enthusiastic approach to new challenges; and
- Enrollment in a college level program at an accredited university.
Should it be of interest to the successful candidate, Civic Edge may offer the opportunity to extend this internship.
$20/hour, plus transit benefits
Please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume – both in pdf format – to email@example.com as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.