Seeking Multilingual Speakers to Join our Outreach Team!
Civic Edge Consulting (Civic Edge) seeks hardworking, and passionate individuals to join our multi-lingual team of Outreach Ambassadors. We are hiring for multiple part-time on-call positions and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Our Outreach Ambassadors support the varied outreach and community engagement needs of government agencies and non-profit organizations in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area. Work hours can range from a few hours to 25 hours per a week, during traditional and non-traditional hours. You will tell us the hours you can work, and pick the outreach shifts that work for your schedule.
- Educating community members about neighborhood projects;
- Conducting door-to-door outreach;
- Collecting data for transit-based surveys;
- Distribution of materials at bus stops and/or community centers; and
Staffing and support for community meetings.
Desired Skills + Experience:
- More than three years of outreach or communications experience, an associate degree, postsecondary certificate or Bachelor’s degree, OR current enrollment in a college or university;
- Interest in community issues and local government;
- Adaptable and willing to maintain optimistic, always;
- Ability to work weekends and evenings;
- Strong verbal communications and writing skills; and
- Proficiency in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish. In your application, please indicate all languages spoken, and your proficiency in each.
$25/hour, Matching Funds 401K
Please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume – both in PDF format – to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest opportunity. No phone calls, please. Applicants will be hired on a rolling basis.
Civic Edge’s Commitment
Civic Edge commits to advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, people with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
We provide a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable law in employment or service policies and practices.Download Chinese Speaking Job Description [English] Download Chinese Speaking Job Description [Chinese] Download Spanish Speaking Job Description [English] Download Spanish Speaking Job Description [Spanish]